Monday, February 14, 2011

Chocolate Cover Cookie Dough

Forget boxes of chocolates, make the perfect gift!

1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 tablespoon water
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)


Cream the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl. Stir in the vanilla, water, flour, chocolate chips, and walnuts, if desired, and mix until well blended. Roll dough into bite-sized balls (or use a small ice cream scoop). Place on a baking sheet and freeze until firm, about 2 hours. Store balls in resealable plastic bags in the freezer.

Make a double boiler like the one I described in Fiber One Chocolate Cookies. I bought 2 bags of chocolate chips & used what was left & the other bag for the dipping chocolate. Melt the chocolate chips & dip the frozen cookie dough. (Use a spoon and place the dough ball into the melted chocolate. Using the same spoon remove chocolate covered dough ball & place onto tray or waxed paper. ) Place on waxed paper or plastic tray. 


I am a bit obsessed about green living and wastefulness. I am aware of  the amount of non-recyclables my family uses & throws away. I picked up some plastic serving trays at my last job. They were throwing them out. I use them for cooling or drying cookies and candies. You can see the trays in the top photo. I never buy waxed paper, paper towels or trash bags. Less use, less trash & more money.

These were very easy to make and quick. The longest was waiting the 2 hours for the freezer time. These were definitely ready in 3 hours.


I think next time I will try peanut butter or maybe Peppermint Patty. My Peanut Butter Fudge recipe will be perfect for the center.




2 comments:

  1. Don't want them covered in chocolate? Omit the whole double boiled step. Cut up the balls into bite size pieces & add to ice cream. What?! A Blizzard that you made yourself. I'm so proud of you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. NEVER leave out chocolate, especially chocolate covered! ;) I think I'm going to start just looking on here and following your recipes for everyday treats! These look amazing!

    ReplyDelete