Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Homemade Hamburger Helper:Beef Romanoff


I had a pound of hamburger & some leftover butter noodles in the fridge. What to do, what to do.

You will need:

1 pound hamburger
1/2 half onion
1/2 green pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp cumin
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup milk
8 ounces of pizza or spaghetti sauce

16 ounce box of noodles


I browned the ground meat & added diced onions and green peppers. I seasoned with garlic powder, 
cayenne pepper, black pepper & cumin.


Normally I would say, boil the noodles, add oil & salt then drain. Do not rinse but I'm using leftovers! Yay!


Once the meat is browned drained off any grease 


I add the can of pizza sauce and set to simmer for 10 minutes.
Remove from heat and add the noodles & milk.
Let sit for 5-10 minutes to thicken and serve.



No comments:

Post a Comment