Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Turkey Noodle Soup

What do do with that leftover turkey from Thanksgiving? 

When I first pulled the turkey from the oven Thanksgiving day I poured the liquid into a Tupperware container & froze it. The stock contained juices from the turkey and water I had added. We ate turkey sandwiches the next day and that evening I pulled the leftover meat and froze it.
I had about 3 cups of turkey meat leftover. I did not measure anything when I made this. The measurements I say below are educated guesses. I just added what looked good and what would fit into the pot. Add more meat if you want or completely omit the meat & add more veggies. Remember that you are using turkey stock so omitting the meat does not make it vegetarian. 


Now a month later, its cold and snowy. Christmas is on its way and everyone is busy with getting ready.I took out the frozen stock and ran hot water over the container so it would slide out. I put it into 4 cups of hot water & brought to a boil.

Two tablespoons into a large frying pan with the leftover turkey to brown it. Remember, this is leftover thanksgiving turkey so it is already throughly cooked. I added some dry seasoning to season the turkey: Onion, garlic, cayenne pepper, mustard and pepper.


I added 4 cups of noodles directly to the boiling stock and let boil for 5 minutes. Then adding the browned turkey and 1 cup of frozen corn, carrots & green beans. You could also use celery, peas, squash or anything you have on hand. Let boil for 5 more minutes then Set to Simmer.


When the noodles and the veggies are tender. Serve. Even better reheated the next day.
If you made this recipe or have a comment or question please email me or post below. I would love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment