Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Pot Roast, My Mother Would be so Proud.


I was so excited to buy a roast from my butcher.
I put a 15 ounce can of French onion soup along with 2 cups of water in the bottom of a dutch oven then added the roast. I seasoned it with garlic, onion powder with black pepper. Cut up three potatoes and  two celery stalks. Put the roast in the center and spread the potato, celery and onions all around the roast.

If you don't have a dutch oven or even a big pot, try a crock pot. All the same steps apply either way.

Put on 350 degrees for 60 minutes. Check, stir if not quite done mack sure there is fluid still in the pot, if not add another cup of water. Check in 30 minutes.

Cut into slices & let sit in liquid for 15 minutes in the off oven. Serve. I served mine with a salad. Lots of veggies for the family and they wont even catch on.

No comments:

Post a Comment