Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies

Chocolate chip cookies have always been a nemesis of mine. They either come out  hard, flat, fluffy or bland. No matter what recipe I used. The back of the chip bag or a family recipe. I botched it up...I blame the air pressure, yeah. That's it.
So I set out and research every ingredient in the chocolate chip cookie & what it's purpose is and some ingredients and why they are NOT in this traditional cookie.

My husband walks into the kitchen one evening, lured there by the smells of chocolate chip baking, I assume. He spies the photocopied "back of the chip bag" recipe with my scribbles all over it.
"What's this?" He asks.
I say, nonchalantly,"I did some changes to the chocolate chip recipe & I'm seeing how it works."
He looks closer at my altered concoction."This is what it's come to? Chocolate chip cookies recipe isn't perfect enough for you?" He says with a sideways glance at me.
I can see him chuckling, the bugger. He teases but I saw him grab a cooled cookie on the way out of the kitchen.
I'm onto him.

Here is my altered cookie. I hope you like it as much as I do.
2 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
12 ounce chocolate chips

Preheat over to 350 degrees.

Add flour baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt in a separate bowl.

Beat butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla. Add eggs one at a time mixing well. Slowly add in flour mixture to butter & sugar mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. use a regular spoon to scope the dough & drop onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes.

It's a little harder to see if chocolate cookies are browning because they are already so dark. I look at the top center part of the cookie. Once it looks dry remove the cookie from the over & let sit on the pan to cool.


 Serve with hot chocolate for a chocolate overload!
Or with milk for you traditionalists!

No comments:

Post a Comment