Monday, November 8, 2010

Pineapple & Ginger Snap Cookie Sundae


A combination I would never have thought of if when I unpacked the groceries I didn't place them next to each other on the counter. Hmmmm....I wonder. I searched the web looking for someone...anyone who had combined these two flavors together & survived to tell about it. But, alas, I could find none. So with the wind at my back & caution tossed carelessly out the door I reached for a pan. A pan to sear my fresh pineapple with, dear. For canned....it will not do.

I cut up a handful of gingersnap cookies. They are a hard cookie so breaking them up is a "snap" with a mallet or a sharp knife. Scoop a few spoonfuls of vanilla ice cream on top.

Brown the pineapple a bit on each side & remove from heat. Cut up right away and place on ice cream. Server immediately! The hot pineapple will melt the ice cream fast!

It is so delicious. I think there might be some leftover in the fride. Yes. I believe there is. OK, I'll see you tomorrow folks, I must wrap with up. (grabs a spoon & heads toward the kitchen.)

No comments:

Post a Comment