Friday, October 22, 2010

Chicken Pot, Chicken Pot, Chicken Pot Pie



I love chicken pot pie!
Don't tell my family but I use this as a leftovers dinner meld. I blend in any and all leftovers I may have. No one has to know. I won't tell that you dropped in leftover ham or sausage from breakfast.

I made this in a casserole dish, you can use a pie plate if you want that pie look to it. Casserole dishes are good for scoop and serve dinners. I also put tons of veggies in mine.

I'm going to give your a recipe I use as a guideline but the joy in a casserole is you can add, omit or change the ingredients to suit your families taste buds and it doesn't harm the meal at all.

Chicken Pot Pie

1-26oz can of Cream of Chicken soup
3 chicken breast (boneless skinless)
2 cups of mixed frozen veggie

Topping
1 cup Bisquick
1 cup milk (or water) depending on what your mix calls for)


Add the soup, cooked and browned chicken and frozen veggies into the pie pan or casserole dish. I like lots and lots of veggies in mine as you can see. I used yellow carrots, broccoli, green beans, red peppers & corn.









Mix the Topping in a separate dish and pour over top of dish.









Bake for 30-45 minutes until bubbly and brown.
Fresh out of the oven










I always make two of these at once and take one to my father in law. He loves them. Make an extra & take to a friend or family. They will love it!


10 minutes later

No comments:

Post a Comment