Thursday, October 7, 2010

Stuffed Crust Pizza and Broccoli and Cheese Rolls

Um...You had me a PIZZA!

I have never made stuffed crust pizza before and I wanted to give it a shot. I set two pounds of frozen bread dough out to thaw. It doesn't take long to defrost. I used the dinner rolls (24) and it took about 25 minutes until it was thawed.


Roll it out, stretch it out. You want to work out a lot of the air bubbles so it doesn't puff up like a loaf of bread. thawed out bread dough is very pliable. Stretch it out, don't be intimidated, if it rips just pinch it back together & keep going.

I used a 1/2 sheet cookie sheet for this pizza. I don't have a round pizza pan & I like the squares. So only the outside edges will be stuffed crust & the insides will be crust less. YUM!

I used sticks of string mozzarella cheese for the stuffed crust. Put the whole stick up to the edge & fold over. use a fork to seal the ends. For pizza sauce, I used Mids. It's a local company in Navarre, Ohio. It's the best I have ever used. You don't need a lot, just a few table spoons.

Spread cheese according to desire. I used a cheddar & moneray jack Mexican blend for a little sass in my pizza. Use whatever topping you desire.  My husband is a pepperoni guy so pepperoni it was.





This photo was 15 minutes into the 30 minute baking time. It just need to brown more.

I baked at 350 for 30 minutes. Let sit for a few minutes, slices & serve.



I was in more of a veggie pizza mood so I set out 3 dough balls out to thaw. While the pepperoni pizza was baking I rolled out these little beauties. Sprayed a few hits of butter spray, dropped a tiny bit of minced garlic on each. I used 1/4 cup of the Mexican shredded cheese & divided it among the three. I then took frozen broccoli, removed the stems & cut the tops into smaller pieces. I used a lot, as much as I could fit into them & folded them over. Pinched them closed.









They smell so good baking one the heat hits the garlic. Spray the top with butter spray or a quick brush of olive oil to brown them more on top. About 20 minutes & they are done.I served with a plate of salad.










The pizza I did not calorie count but the broccoli and cheese rolls are.

200 calories
3 fat
2.5 fiber

Enjoy! Click on the link to the right & follow my blog. I'd love to hear your comments on any of my dishes. I can't wait to hear from you!







No comments:

Post a Comment