Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Turkey Primavera with Pasta


When you hear "primavera" in a dish, the chef means to focus on the fresh vegetables. 
I am looking forward to how this will come out. I am using a Caribbean blend of vegetables (Broccoli Whole Florets, Bias Cut Yellow Carrots, Whole Green Beans and Red Pepper Strips.) that I bought frozen from GFS.





You will need:
16 ounce box of noodles, any shape
2 TBS of oil 


1/2 stick of butter
1/2 cup of milk 
8 oz of sliced turkey
1 1/4 cups shredded cheese

I am using a different shape of pasta today. Spirals! Yay!  


I wanted something that looked different then the shells & I had a box of them in the pantry. (I bought a huge bulk bag of the shells, you'll see a lot of those in my pasta creations.)



I first set the water to boil, making sure to add the 2 TBS of oil to the water & a tsp of salt. Measure out the veggies you want to use & get then ready to add. 
I put them in with the boiling  noodles for 5 minutes. 
(Work smart, not hard. Don't boil the noodles in one pan & the veggies in another.) 
It saves time, water, electricity & you won't have to wash another pot tonight.

After draining the noodles and veggies let sit in the drainer while you melt the butter in the saucepan. 

Melt 1/2 stick of butter & 1/2 cup of milk in saucepan. 
Add the 1 1/4 cups shredded cheese & let melt. 
Add 8 oz of sliced turkey. I had turkey breast cut into thick slices then I cubed it. I have a meat slicer so I could do it myself. If you do not have a slicer go to your local deli counter & ask for thick sliced turkey breast. They just have to be bite size. 


When the cheese is melted & the turkey is stirred in, add the noodles & veggies from the drainer. Stir, heat & serve.



Did you just make a Turkey Primavera with a light cheese sauce?
Oh yes, you did.









I did the math on the calories, fat & fiber for the calorie conscious we all are:



330 calories 
7 fat 
3 fiber
per serving and this will make 8 one cup servings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment