Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Peanut Butter & Chocolate Drizzled Brownie

Brownies!




Below I posted my brownie recipe. It is a simple brownie recipe, if you have any problems or questions please contact me.


Set over to 350 degrees.


1 cup butter                       1cup flour
2 cup sugar                        4 1oz squares unsweetened cocoa, melted
2 t vanilla                               (don't have cocoa squares? I use 3TBS cocoa powder & 1 TBS of oil
4 eggs                                      for each square. 12TBS cocoa powder & 4 TBS oil)


Cream butter, sugar and vanilla. Beat in eggs. Blend in chocolate. Stir in flour.
Add 1 c of nuts at the stage if desired.
Bake in a well greased pan or fill paper baking cups half full. Bake for 20 minutes.


Bake until the edges start to visibly brown & pull away from the pan. Slide a knife or a flat edge table knife around the edges a few times to make sure nothing is sticking. I use a silicone baking sheet under my cakes & brownies. It really helps with the sticking.


I took photos showing how I remove a sheet of brownie carefully. I put the outside of a cookie sheet on top of the brownie then flip it upside down so the top of the brownie is now the bottom.




Give the bottom of the pan a few smacks & the brownie should pop right out. If not, go back over it a few times with the knife, lifting slightly to stop any sticking. 




Now that the bottom is the top & the top is the bottom. The fun begins! The topping is the best part of a brownie. I drizzled this with melted peanut butter in one direction then turned the brownie & drizzled chocolate the opposite way.






Slice into small pieces & serve with a scoop of ice cream. This is chocolate peanut butter swirl ice cream.


For a size comparison on my serving sizes I used an 8 inch plate. The brownie is 2 1/2 inches by 3 inches and the scoop of ice cream was 2 ounces or 1/4 cup of ice cream.





1 comment:

  1. Ok, so you pretty much had me at having brownie in the title, but then I saw the last picture....wow! Wish me luck, I'm going for it!

    ReplyDelete