Saturday, October 23, 2010

The Rub Down: Pork Chops


Once I found rubs, BBQ sauces just don't measure up.
 I bought this rub from the butcher where I bought the chops. Walmart be damned! Go to your local butcher. You'll pay about $2 more but the difference in quality and flavor is worth a million dollars. Try it, you will be supporting a small local business in your community that buys from farmers in your town. And the service, wow...the service! My butchers name is Don and he owns the place. Who cut the steaks in your freezer?

 Rub in a few tablespoons of the pork rub on either side. And bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until a meat thermometer show 160 degrees. Don't over cook or it will become dry. 


 I cut the pork chop in half and served with baked potato and steamed broccoli. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment